Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm Thankful For...

I’m thankful for a God who’s real
I’m thankful for a God who always has been and always will be
I’m thankful for a God who is my refuge and my hiding place
I’m thankful for a God who is my defender
I’m thankful for a God who is my deliverer
I’m thankful for a God who rescued me
I’m thankful for a God who didn’t allow my sin to dictate my destiny
I’m thankful for a God who redeemed me
I’m thankful for a God who didn’t allow my sin to eternally separate me from Him
I’m thankful for a God who saw my fallen state and refused to leave me there.
I’m thankful for a God who didn’t ignore my sin or sweep it under a rug
I’m thankful for a God who dealt with my sin once and for all
I’m thankful for a God who chose an old rugged cross to purchase my salvation
I’m thankful for a God who chose to pour out His judgment, for my sin, on His Son
I’m thankful for a God who paid the ultimate price to save me
I’m thankful for a God who was willing to send His Son, His only Son, to die in my place
I’m thankful for a Savior who was beaten and bruised for me
I’m thankful for a Savior who was wounded for my transgressions and bruised for my iniquities
I’m thankful for a Savior by who’s stripes I’m healed
I’m thankful for a Savior whose blood doesn’t put a Band-Aid on my sin
I’m thankful for a Savior whose blood washes away my sin and cleanses me from all unrighteousness
I’m thankful for a Savior who insisted on becoming my sin
I’m thankful for a Savior who not only carried all my sin to the cross but He nailed them there
I’m thankful for a God who extended mercy to me…someone who didn’t deserve it or earn it
I’m thankful for a God who refused to give me what I deserved
I’m thankful for a God who insisted on giving me what I did not deserve and could not earn on my own.
I’m thankful for His amazing gift of grace
I’m thankful for a God who raised my Savior from the dead
I’m thankful that I’ve been resurrected with Him into new life
I’m thankful that His victory over death has granted me that very same victory
I’m thankful for a God who has given me absolute and complete victory over sin and death
I’m thankful for a God who refused to reject me
I’m thankful for a God who has chosen me to be a Son
I’m thankful for a God who has chosen to adopt me into His family
I’m thankful for a God, the Creator of the Universe, who has chosen to be my daddy
I’m thankful for a God who wants to be in relationship with me forever
I’m thankful for a God who’s not far away on some distant planet
I’m thankful for a God who’s right here with me
I’m thankful for a God who never leaves me nor forsakes me
I’m thankful for a God who loves me without condition
I’m thankful for a God who knows me best, yet loves me most
I’m thankful for a God who loved me at my worst and accepts me just as I am
I’m thankful for a God who loves me so much He refuses to leave me just as I am   
I’m thankful for a God who won’t leave me alone and won’t facilitate my flesh’s desire to be coddled
I’m thankful for a God who has clothed me in His righteousness
I’m thankful for a God who is my Provider
I’m thankful for a God who supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus
I’m thankful for a God who has made me more than a conqueror
I’m thankful for a God who always causes me to triumph
I’m thankful for a God who has made available to me all things that pertain to life and godliness
I’m thankful for a God who is my Comforter, my Counselor, and my Advocate
I’m thankful for a God who leads me, guides me, and instructs me
I’m thankful for a God who is concerned with every little detail of my life
I’m thankful for a God who has a plan and purpose for my life
I’m thankful for a God who is my source of peace and joy.
I’m thankful for a God who empowers me to live righteously
I’m thankful for a God whose faithful
I’m thankful for a God who is unshakable and unchanging
I’m thankful for a King whose kingdom knows no end
I’m thankful for a King who sits on the throne forever
I’m thankful for a King who rules with justice and integrity
I’m thankful for a King who has all authority and all power
I’m thankful for a King who has gone to prepare a place for me
And I'm thankful that one day very soon, this King, my King, will split the eastern sky and return as King of kings, and Lord of lords!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment