Monday, January 14, 2008

Sometimes You Just Have To Laugh

What a week!!! My wife and I just experienced the excitement of launching a new church last Sunday. Following a year of preparation, it was a long awaited day for us, and as the day approached we were so excited. Not sure about her, but Saturday night I could hardly sleep a wink. If you have ever looked forward to something, I'm sure you can relate. Anyway, our emotional high on Sunday, gave way to a very draining week once Monday arrived. Monday night our 20-month old began 6 hours of continuous vomiting at about 10:00. I'm talking about every 20 minutes for several hours. Needless to say neither my wife or I got much sleep. Tuesday, both of us felt as though we might have what our son had, but we never vomited like he did. Now, I'm convinced that it was just a lack of sleep. I'm not sure if it was Tues. or Wed. (the days all run together) but we learned that my father-in-law was in a serious car accident. Fortunately, he was unharmed other than some minor injuries which is a testimony of God's protection having seen pictures of the wrecked car. Wednesday night our 20-month old wakes up at about 1:00 am with some issue. Not sure, if it was gas, a tummy ache or what, but he was up for about an hour and a half. Then at 3 am our 5 year old woke up asking mommy to pray for him. No sooner than he got the words out, the vomiting started. We prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and prayed and the vomiting continued for 11 hours. I was able to catch a little sleep that night as my wife stayed up with him and I took care of the little one. Then, Thursday night my wife got it. Finally, everything seemed to get back to normal on Friday and the Stone household was able to get a full night sleep. Wow, what a week huh?

On the way to church yesterday my wife and I were talking about the events of this past week. Of course, we recognize the enemy when we see him. I had spoken on Sunday about God Dreams and my first point of the message was that God Dreams attract adversity. Talk about having to practice what you preach. After our week of adversity, I began to chuckle a little. I told Lori, it all just makes me want to laugh. Our enemy, the devil, wants to discourage us and will stop at nothing to do so. He just doesn't get it though. We are on a mandate from God and God will stop at nothing to see that we win. So what, it was a rough week, there was a new church planted in Montgomery, TX that in the years to come will win the lost, disciple believers, impact the community, and shake the nations. When you look at it that way, it just makes you want to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment